To create a secure and reliable wireless network, the DAP-2230 Wireless N PoE Access Point is a good choice. This facilitates several security features for network administrators, multiple operational modes and some really useful network management tools. The D-Link DAP-2230 can be placed on a desktop, can even be mounted on ceiling, wall. So as per wireless requirement this device can be used.
D-Link has several other devices for different purposes. Read more about dlink ap extender login and utility.
DAP-2230: Technical Specifications
The D-Link’s DAP-2230 below detailed makes it a suitable device for WiFi connectivity. This device is easy to maintain and use. And also provides the reliable and secured connectivity.
- Inbuilt 802.11 n/g/b wireless1
- It has 10/100BaseT Fast Ethernet LAN PoE port
- It has Power and status LED indicators.
- It is based on IEEE 802.11n/g/b1 and IEEE 802.3u/af standards.
- It provides Wireless Frequency Range from 2.4 to 2.4835 GHz.
- For better network coverage this is equipped with two internal 3 dBi Antennas.
- This has a maximum output power of 20 dBm.
- For Security measures, it has several security options like:
WEP 64/128-bit encryption
SSID broadcast disable
MAC address access control
Network Access Protection (NAP)
- It also has several Network Management features like:
Secure Telnet (SSH)
Secure HTTP (HTTPS)
D-Link Central WiFiManager
- Its 129 x 129 x 29 mm (5.08 x 5.08 x 1.14 inches) dimension and 101.4 grams (3.56 ounces) 213.6 grams (7.5 ounces) weight gives it a nice look.
- To create and manage multi-site and multi-tenancy wireless networks, D-Link has a free cloud enabled wireless Access Point management tool.
- To logically divide the access point into several virtual access points, it supports up to 8 SSIDs.